Sunday 28 April 2013

What a Day - Time for Some Retail Therapy!

I normally post at the weekend, but today is a little bit different...

I had my Personal Development feedback from July(!) which I found a little stressful. I got paid today & received an email with a 20% off code for Illamasqua and Debenhams are having one of their 10% off Beauty & Fragrance events, so I've ordered a pizza from Domino's (gluten-free of course), have YouTube on and am going to decide what I want from Illamasqua & thought I'd take you along for the ride!

... So a day passed. I'd done some research online as to which Illamasqua products I might like to try (powder & cream blushers including the duo blushes). In the elapsing time, I went in to Superdrug & they are selling the Real Techniques Travel Set (previously only available online) with a buy 1 get 1 1/2 price offer on accessories! I wasn't able to get the combination of sets I wanted ( the Travel & Starter Set) in my local store or on the internet so decided to take a trip to Birmingham.

I wasn't actually impressed with the swatches of the Illamasqua blushers. It was rather busy & both the makeup artists were busy. I felt I needed the guidance of a makeup artist to choose a colour that would suit me & would have liked to have tried before I bought. So after that I didn't end up ordering anything from Illamasqua!!!

I did go over to the NARS counter. I have been wanting The Multiple in 'Copacabana' and so purchased that, along with a cream blusher in 'Penny Lane' and the lipgloss in the cult favourite 'Turkish Delight'.


NARS The Multiple in 'Copacabana', £30 - can be found here.

NARS Cream Blusher in 'Penny Lane', £21 - can be found here.

NARS Lipgloss in 'Turkish Delight', £17.50 - can be found here.

Although neither of the Superdrugs in Birmingham had the Real Techniques brushes I wanted, I did end up coming out with a few (5!!!) nail varnishes. 2 Barry M Gelly polishes in Lychee & Papaya & a glitter in Rose Quartz. I also picked up Essie's Fiji & Lilacism.



Barry M Lychee (here) & Papaya (here), both £ 3.99 (3 for 2)

Rose Quartz Glitter (here), £3.99 (3 for 2)

Essie Fiji (here) & Lilacism (here), £7.99 each

I ordered MAC's Style & Well Dressed blushers on the Debenhams website, taking advantage of their 10% off offer. Because MAC's Powder Blushes were winners of the Debenhams Beauty Club Awards 2013, I also received 6 points for every £1 spent!

I found some coral peep toe pumps in Dorothy Perkins with a 30% off offer. I hadn't remembered to take the gift card I got for Christmas from my Mother-in-Law with me to Birmingham. I checked on the internet to see whether my local store has my size in stock & I'm going to go pick a pair up tomorrow! :-)


Coral Peep Toe Pumps, £20 (£16 in 20% off pop up sale) - can be found here.

... So I went & picked up the pumps from Dorothy Perkins & thought I'd pop in to New Look & pick up a £14.99 dress I have been wanting for a while - I emerged £49.95 lighter!!! If you want to see what I bought, I will post a haul on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/taniad5786).

Additionally, I bought some items for a swap I am doing with a friend on YouTube.

What will you be buying this pay day?

Tania Xx

4 comments:

  1. I've heard so many amazing reviews of the Barry M Gelly' s, I think I'll have to get some soon,just in time for summer. Just found your blog...I'm your newest follower! :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Olwyn! I really appreciate it & will be sure to check your blog out. I have been very unimpressed with the Gelly's so far. I have only worn Lychee once, but it lasted less than 24hrs :-( & I put a top & bottom coat on with the standard 2 coats of the actual polish!!!!

      Tania Xx

      Delete
  2. Buying nail polish is such a good treat cos its not too expensive!...I really love the gelly's and can wear them for a week at work and chipping isn't an issue-so weird how they get on with some people and not with others!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about them being a good treat! Especially if you buy the drugstore/highstreet brands. Unfortunately I have found that I am one of the people who don't get on with the gelly's :-( The only polishes I have found that last anywhere more than one day on my nails are Maybelline & Jessica.

      Tania Xx

      Delete